For nearly 60 years, OCEAN REEF has been involved in the underwater diving industry. We have contributed much to this industry, from fins and snorkels to the most modern systems of underwater communication. Through the spirit of intrepid pioneers, brilliant inventors, passionate divers, and dynamic entrepreneurs, OCEAN REEF has been able to turn dreams into reality in the underwater world.
The story of OCEAN REEF begins with a simple passion for diving and innovative ideas. Mr. Gamberini owned a small tire repair shop for bicycles and cars, but in 1950, began to manufacture diving equipment. He also started to design and create molds to make diving mask straps, fins, and other diving products. Through dedication, persistence and hard work, Gamberini’s small shop achieved success and grew.
- 1974 : The company contributed about 64% of the rubber diving products (fins, snorkels, masks, etc.) used in the international diving industry! At that time, the company was manufacturing about 2.3 million pairs of fins per year!
- 1978: A huge fire completely destroyed the company factory. However, that incident did not discourage the company. The same year, one ofMr. Gamberini's sons, Guido Gamberini, became the head of the company and began managing company affairs.
- 1980: He began to diversify the products made by the company (diving equipment, watch rubber/silicone components, safety equipment, medical devices, etc.).
- 1993: The company changed its name to OCEAN REEF and the OCEAN REEF USA office was founded. Currently the company has four divisions which produce the following diverse products: diving equipment, safety equipment, military products, and watch products. Even though the product focus has been diversified in OCEAN REEF, the core passion of the company has not changed. The underwater diving world is still the heart of OCEAN REEF and always will be.
OCEAN REEF full face mask series, the Neptune Series, offers great visual fields, superior comfort, highly developed technology, exceptional safety, reliability, and durability.
We also provide high performance communication systems, regulators, and other fine diving instruments and accessories. OCEAN REEF, Inc. continues to meet the challenges of this millennium. We have facilities on two continents with three manufacturing plants. We have established comprehensive production, from cutting edge computer design and the finest technology engineering, to the actual realization of equipment including production and distribution.
The OCEAN REEF Neptune System is a highly sophisticated, user-friendly, and dependable system. Over the years many professional organizations have depended upon the Neptune System. Our company knows the importance of having quality equipment and quality training to fulfill professional needs. With our years of experience in working with technical and professional experts, we are confident that our products will get the job done and done well. The following are professional applications for which the Neptune System has been used:
- The Neptune System is used by Public Safety organizations because of such features as the mask’s lightness, field of vision, easiness to don or doff, stability at low pressure, impact resistance, and reliability.
- The Neptune System has been used in Dry-docks, when divers must communicate with each other and the surface during the positioning phases of ships.
- The system has been used in many commercial activities such as cable spreading, portal dock maintenance, recovery operations, and technical assistance for boats. Often, these dives are for extended periods of time in frigid waters. During these operations, divers require thermal protection, physical comfort, excellent visibility, and communication abilities. The ability to breathe through one’s nose while avoiding the discomfort of holding a regulator in one’s mouth makes the Neptune series of masks excellent tools for demanding operations.
- When working in polluted environments, the Neptune series of masks offers resistance against chemical agents due to materials used in production. The masks also protect the diver’s face from any harmful agents. Police Force teams use the Neptune System in investigations. They appreciate the equipment’s durability and ease of use.
- Numerous scientific expeditions have used the Neptune System during projects in the Arctic, the Amazon, Antarctica, Australia, the Spanish Pyrenees, and California.
- Civil Protection Agencies, Marine Biologists, Aquarium personnel, and International Marine Reserves are just a few of the other organizations which use the Neptune System.